- She is lying about her age, and is three years younger than she claims to be.
- In May of 2009, she claimed she nearly died on an operating table after undergoing heart surgery.
- She has conceded that she was "misdiagnosed" with regards to her July 2014 cancer claim.
- She cannot name her own doctor.
- She claimed she had a forty minute long seizure at her son's party, a very serious medical event for someone with a brain tumor.
- She went a trip two days later.
- She still claims that she did once have a malignant brain tumor and that she extended her life using alternative therapies.
- She claims that she is now seeking treatment from a conventional team.
- It is claimed on The Whole Pantry facebook page that she is currently "not coping" (actually that I believe, but not for the reasons they imply).
The following are unverified and come from comments on this blog and other places:
- She has been claiming to have brain cancer since she was teenager.
- She dropped out of school.
- She was estranged from her mother and brother starting when she was an adolescent, and lived primarily with her grandfather (seemingly in conflict with her claim that she lived with a friend starting when she was twelve, and that she "let go" of the relationship with her mother when she was "twenty" and newly diagnosed with brain cancer).
- Her grandfather had brain cancer, and she had a falling out with him.
- Her partner once dropped her off for a check up appointment at the hospital, circled back around and saw her sitting in the parking lot.
- An old schoolmate says she is a compulsive liar.
- At her old work, she claimed to have cancer and would be late because she was "undergoing tests" but that she never appeared to be undergoing any sort of cancer treatment.
This all brings me to her current situation at The Whole Pantry. So many of Belle's supporters seem baffled as to how a "sweet, positive, helpful" person could possibly do such a thing. They are confident that The Whole Pantry staff is telling the truth that is was just a mix-up that did not get sorted out in a timely manner. But here is the thing that those people need to understand about Belle: the liar holds the world in contempt. People who base their lives around lying, feel nothing but contempt for the rest of us. How could they not? We believe their lies! We're stupid! We're suckers! Compulsive and pathological liars have no respect for other people; they could not lie with abandon if they did. Thus, it should never come as a surprise when they do something so low as to "withhold" money from a charity. This would be part and parcel of the liar's world.
Let me know if there is anything I missed and I will update accordingly.
*One more thing: Belle Gibson has never claimed that she cured herself of cancer. She has merely implied that she is alive today after "getting only four months to live" due to her whole foods lifestyle. It is obviously still an extraordinary claim that demands a truthful explanation.